Are you Eligible?
HMRC states that:
“Work that advances overall knowledge or capability in a field of science or technology, and projects and activities that help resolve scientific or technological uncertainties, may qualify for R&D relief. The relief is not just for ‘white coat’ scientific research but also for ‘brown coat’ development work in design and engineering that involves overcoming difficult technological problems.”
There are a host of business sectors where R&D Tax Credits can be claimed…
Agri-food Sector, ICT Advanced Materials, Advanced Engineering, Life and Health Sciences, Construction & more
If you think your business falls into these categories, you can then ask the following questions:
- Is my business a Limited Company?
- Is the company registered in the UK?
- Does my company have a project?
- Am I seeking an advance in a field of science or technology?
- Does the advance extend the overall knowledge or capability in the field of science or technology, and not just the company’s own state of knowledge or capability
- Does the project involve an uncertainty that competent professionals can’t readily resolve and where solutions aren’t common knowledge?
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to all these questions, then you should be able to make a claim.